This may not actually be security, but I think it's affected by user's privacy settings. ...
I'm having an issue - I have a close friend who isn't friends with many of my others. When he views my wall, he can see written posts, and also some video posts and links from some of my other friends, but never any photos that they post.
- Since he can see the written/video - I'm assuming that the posters haven't blocked "friends of friends"
I can see the photos, and other friends have said that they can also see the photos.
So, he has somehow noticed this fact - Maybe while viewing my profile with me, noticing photos, then he can't see them on his own.
This makes him think that I am somehow blocking / hiding these photos. I've even asked one of my friends to check her settings to make sure that "friends of friends" can see photos posted....
My question is: what all settings would cause a posted wall photo to be blocked to a friend of a friend?
Here are some that I've found:
- Under Privacy: - profile
- wall post - friends of friends
- pictures tagged - friends of friends
- Application settings:
- Photos - automatic and full story size, bookmarked, profile: friends of friends
- Posted items - automatic and full, bookmarked, profile: friends of friends
From going directly to the profile page: click settings -
- friends may post on wall -
- friends of friends may view posts -
- Comments expanded by default.
Thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas. :o) It's hard to get any help - via facebook or google, because everything just says "oh, the posted has it blocked" - but, videos and written posts show - and we've tried adjusting everything we can find....