GrownUpGeek.com Privacy/Content Policies and Terms of Service
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the GrownUpGeek.com website. The types of personal information collected when you sign up are:
- Name (any name you choose, not validated)
Email address (must be valid)
Home Page (optional)
We use the information you provide about yourself when registering for membership to verify that you have requested access to our site. We do not share this information with outside parties - EVER.
eMail Address In Forum and Comment Posts:
To protect your privacy, posting of email address in comments or forum posts is not permitted. All posts containing email address are either deleted or edited to remove the email address before being published. We do this to protect our members from internet-scammers and spammers that may harvest your email address from our website.
IP Addresses In Posts & Comments:
In order to ensure personal responsibility when making posts, all IP address are recorded. The IP address of posts made anonymously are visible to some members and moderators. If you do not wish for your IP address to be visible, please sign-up for a free account or do not post anonymously.
Cookies, 'Web Beacons' and Visitor Data Tracking
GrownUpGeek.com uses a combination of web-server logs and third-party analytical data gathering tools for the purposes of aggregate visitor traffic information which may set a cookie on your computer. The data collected by these third-party services may include information such as your IP address, type of web-browser, and computer operating system.
Currently GrownUpGeek.com uses the following third-party visitor tracking tools:
- Google Analytics
GrownUpGeek.com does not use "web beacons" of any kind with the exception of third-party links or advertisers (see next section). To confirm these privacy settings please use a free service such as www.PrivacyTest.com.
Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
GrownUpGeek does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks. The advertiser may also use information regarding your use of GrownUpGeek.com, such as the number of times you viewed an ad (but not any personally identifiable information), to determine which ads to deliver to you.
Currently, GrownUpGeek.com has relationships with the following third-party ad servers or ad networks:
- Microsoft AdCenter-Publisher
- Google, Inc*.
- Commission Junction
- Chitika, Inc
- IDG TechNetwork
** Kontera Network Advertising cookie:
- If you would like more information regarding Kontera's practice or would like to learn more about your choices in not having this information used by it's associated companies, click here for the NAI universal user opt-out.
*DoubleClick DART cookie:
- Google, one of our third party vendors, uses the DART cookie
- Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to visitors of GrownUpGeek.com based on their visit to GrownUpGeek.com and other sites on the Internet.
Affiliate & Sales Referral Discolsure:
Please be aware that when you click links on some pages and purchase a product discussed or mentioned at GrownUpGeek.com we will receive a referral commission for the sale of that product.
Grownupgeek.com does not accept paid posts or product placements and any recommendations made for products are based on our opinion, experience or research on that product.
Registered members can access all personally identifiable information that they have provided and maintain or modify it by clicking the "My Account" link in the upper-left (gray) area of most pages on our website.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
User Account Validation
All new member accounts will be sent a validation email. Accounts not validated within 2 hours will be removed from our system
You may, at any time request to cancel your account and specify that all your personal data be removed from our servers. Please note that all posts, comments, replies, or any other content submitted by you become the property of grownupgeek.com and will not be removed.
To request cancellation or removal from our system, you may email your request to: HELP@GrownUpGeek.com. Note that your request must be sent from the email address associated with your GrownUpGeek.com account.
In all areas of the website, the following is not permitted:
- Posts regarding illegal activity, or requests for information pertaining to anything illegal
- Posts requesting to "hack" anyone in any way
- Posts that violate the privacy or well-being of others
- Posts regarding illegal password cracking or illegally accessing any system
- Posts or content including images or video that are hateful, overly distasteful, lewd, X-rated, obscene, offensive, or pornographic
- "Hotlinking" to images hosted on other sites that do not explicitly allow linking to images (such as ImageShack)
- Posts regarding gambling or gambling related websites
- Posting or embedding any "trackers", or any other form of tracking system or method to collect information without the knowledge of whom it is being collected from.
- Solicitation of services in any form or advertising/"spamming" - including promoting websites or other services, whether by posting, chatroom or our private messaging system. For advertising information email your query to HELP@grownupgeek.com
You must be at least 13 years of age to register an account. Accounts found to belong to members that do not meet this minimum age requirment will be deleted from our system.
Should you have other questions or concerns about these policies you may contact us via email at: HELP@GrownUpGeek.com.
Or by postal mail at the following address:
P.O. Box 9591